Friday, June 16, 2017

Inspired by Pink Floyd's 'The Wall'

Hi...Happy Friday!

I am often inspired by Song Lyrics.  Song lyrics can be personal and can be interpreted in so many ways.  Much of my art-journaling work is a result of many hours of song listening, assembled into snippets of words and art.

On a recent road trip, I was listening to Pink Floyd's, 'The Wall', and was immediately inspired by the words.  I had listened to these songs many, many times in the past, but in this moment, they became relevant and thought-provoking. 

When I returned home, I knew I needed to get this attachment to the lyrics, encased in paint and pen.  But, I wanted to do more.  I wanted to include other Pink Floyd fans in my art-journaling journey.

Each month, for three months, we will be using one song from 'The Wall' as inspiration for an art-journal spread.  Here's my take this month.



I have always loved the song, 'Mother'.  I am intrigued by the interaction between Pink and his mother.  Do I exhibit the same characteristics of Pink's mother?  I really started to self-reflect.

In researching 'The Wall' and it's many meanings, I came across this site, 'The Wall Analysis'.  If you love Pink Floyd like I do, or just love to digest and personally experience a song, you should check it out.

Want to see another inspired page? check 'it out....

Tracy Krueger
Annette Gearside 

As always, thanks for taking the time to stop by.  See you next month for our next edition of 'The Wall'.

2 comments:

annette said...

Thank you for this wonderful collaboration Tina.. 'The Wall' is indeed thought provoking especially now... I really love your page & the imagery .. fantastic .. Hugz

Carol Baxter said...

I grew up in a world of poetry. Consequently I listen to a song for lyrics before music. Your art piece is quite thought provoking and beautifully dark. My ex sent the lyrics to Mother to his mother. She didn't get his point.

2 comments:

annette said...

Thank you for this wonderful collaboration Tina.. 'The Wall' is indeed thought provoking especially now... I really love your page & the imagery .. fantastic .. Hugz

Carol Baxter said...

I grew up in a world of poetry. Consequently I listen to a song for lyrics before music. Your art piece is quite thought provoking and beautifully dark. My ex sent the lyrics to Mother to his mother. She didn't get his point.